|1st and 2nd automatically qualify for the World Championship.|
|3rd through 6th qualify for the Regional Playoffs.|
|7th and 8th drop to the RLRS Promotion Relegation Tournament.|
|1st through 4th automatically qualify for the Regional Finals.|
|5th through 8th do not progress any further.|
|1st and 2nd progress to the RLRS Promotion Relegation Tournament.|
|3rd and 4th retain their spots in the RLRS for the next season.|
|5th through 8th drop out of the RLRS.|
League PlayRankings will be determined by comparing the total number of Match wins received by a Team during the RLCS League Play. If a Team is disqualified from a Match by the Tournament Organizer, the Match will be recorded as a 3-0 win in favor of the opposing Team.
TiebreakersIf two or more Teams within RLCS League Play or Rival Series achieve the same number of Match wins, ties will be resolved by applying the following tiebreaking mechanisms, in order of application. All calculations involve only Games from either RLCS League Play or Rival Series, as applicable.
- Game Differential defined as total number of Games won by a Team minus the total number of Games lost by such Team.
- Game Differential in Games between tied Teams.
- Calculate the Game Win Percentage for tied Teams by dividing (a) the total number of Games won by a tied Team against: the other tied Teams plus the highest ranked Team that is not a tied Team (“Included Teams”), by (b) the total number of Games played by a tied Team against the Included Teams. If still tied, then the same process will be used, but will also include the second highest ranked Team outside of the tied Team, then the third highest ranked Team outside of the tied Team and so forth.
- Highest total Goal Differential defined as total goals scored by a Team minus total goals allowed by such Team.
- Highest total goal differential in Games between tied Teams.
- Calculate the total goal differential by taking a tied Team’s total goals scored against the Included Teams minus total goals allowed against the Included Teams. If still tied, then the same process will be used, but will also include the second highest ranked Team outside of the tied Team, then the third highest ranked Team outside of the tied Team and so forth.
- If none of the tiebreakers can resolve the tie, then the Teams will draw lots.
If any step resolves the tie for one or more Teams but not all Teams, a new tie will be declared between the remaining tied Teams. This tie will be resolved using the same tiebreaking mechanisms listed above.